Let's get things straight right form the beginning: I love this backpack, but I do find its name to be rather silly! After you read what I like about this pack, you’ll see its name doesn’t fit its qualities for nothing.
My pros are:
- the capacity of this bag is 1475 cubic inches, which is the bag plenty of storage room for a daypack or BOB bag
- the pack is made of a sturdy material and the stitching is made really well
- this backpack is water repellent
- the shoulder straps are very comfortable
- the zippers are sturdy and slide pretty easily; they are tucked and protected by fabric so rain won’t get them wet
- the shoulder straps are wide, adding more comfort when fully loaded
- the pack simply molds to your body
- the Molle system lets you attach more additional items
- the admin pouch is just perfect
- there is a hydration compartment with a water bladder holder
- the bottom has four points to attach a sleeping bag
- the main compartment is very large and has a large zippered opening that offers quick and easy access
It's also got the small nice touches that I like to see in a tactical pack:
- the pack has Velcro patch holder
- the bottom features 2 grommeted drain holes
- the pack has a Molle handle to carry on top
- there is a small accessory pocket for flat items storage
- the side compression straps give the pack a compact look when fully loaded
- there is a soft lined sunglasses or electronic device pocket
- the yoked style shoulder straps feature an adjustable sternum slider
- the back is well padded for extra comfort
My conclusion: this pack makes a great BOB anytime
As for the cons, here are mine:
- the zippers seem ok, but they are not YKK
- in the upper Velcro zone there is a pattern of a skull wearing a beret, which looks somewhat silly to me.
- the pack has no dedicated area for the laptop. Sure, you can still carry your laptop, but it would have been nicer to have more padding on the back so it secures the device.
All in all, I think this is a great BOB backpack, well done, with sturdy Molle system that does its job pretty well.